Moroccan Game Stew Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy recipe to feed your family? Check out this delicious Moroccan game stew recipe. It’s a real crowd-pleaser.
1 tray of Wild and Game diced venison or one pack of Wild and Game game mix
1.5 tbsp ras el hanout
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 scant tsp ground turmeric
150g prunes, chopped in two
1 litre beef stock
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 stick of cinnamon
1 tin of chickpeas
500g butternut squash, diced
2 handfuls chopped coriander
Olive, vegetable, or sunflower oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas mark 2
2. Heat a few glugs of oil in a Dutch oven or similar hob and oven-proof dish.
3. Fry the onion for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the meat and cook until browned.
5. Add the prunes, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the ras el hanout, cinnamon stick, and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Add the stock and tomatoes and heat until bubbling.
8. Place in the oven for 2 hours.
9. Remove from oven and stir in the coriander. Season to taste. Serve with couscous.