Sausage and Chickpea Casserole with Nduja Recipe
1 pack Wild and Game grouse and wild boar sausages
1 medium onion, diced
2 peppers (any colour), diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
Generous half tsp smoked paprika
1 glass white wine
300ml chicken stock
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tins chickpeas
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp tomato puree
2 handfuls spinach
1. Cook the peppers and onion for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the garlic, and dried herbs and cook for another minute.
3. Add the paprika and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Remove the sausage meat from the skins and add to the pan, breaking them up with the spoon (or leave the sausages intact and slice them if you prefer).
5. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the nduja and stir until melted.
6. Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes until reduced.
7. Add the stock, chickpeas, sugar and tomato puree.
8. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
9. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring for about 1 more minute until the spinach has wilted.
10. Serve with fresh bread or rice.