Grouse wrapped in Pancetta with Red Wine Sauce
It might not be grouse season at the moment, but with Wild and Game you can enjoy grouse meat all year round.
This is the perfect light summer dish for those balmy evening, dining al fresco. One of the best things about grouse is that it doesn’t take very long to cook particularly when pan frying so you can whip up a delicious meal with minimal time and effort.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 pack of 6 grouse fillets from Wild and Game
- 6 slices of pancetta
For the sauce:
- 100ml of red wine
- 3 tbsp of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 generous tbsp of bramble jelly
- 1 tsp of ketchup
- 2 pinches of onion salt
- 1 tsp cornflour
- A slug of olive oil
- Combine everything except the cornflour in a pan and heat until the bramble jelly has melted.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a smooth paste. Tip in the cornflour mixture and stir until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Wrap each grouse fillet in pancetta.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and heat on a medium high heat.
- Pan fry the grouse fillets for about 1 ½ minutes each side.
- Serve with the sauce and your choice of seasonal vegetables.