Duck with Soy, Brandy and Orange Sauce Recipe
A delicious Duck with Soy, Brandy and Orange Sauce Recipe that you and your family will love. Give it a go today.
1 pack of 2 Wild and Game mallard breasts
3 tbsp marmalade
1 tsp soy sauce
200ml beef stock
2 tbsp brandy
1 tsp cornflour
1. Score the skin of the duck and salt it.
2. Place in a cold frying pan skin side down over a medium heat and cook until the fat starts to release from the breasts.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 7-8 minutes. Spoon out any excess fat.
4. Turn the breasts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. If you have a thermometer, the breasts are ready when they reach 52 degrees centigrade internally for pink, juicy duck. Leave about 1- 2 tbsp of fat in the pan.
5. Remove the breasts and set aside to rest.
6. Add the brandy to the pan and deglaze the pan.
7. Add the stock, soy sauce, and marmalade. Cook until the marmalade has all dissolved.
8. Mix the cornflour with a little water and pour into the pan. Stir until the sauce has thickened.
9. Serve with the duck and vegetables of your choice.