6 pheasant breast fillets, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 leek, sliced
2 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks
500ml chicken stock
500 ml cider
Generous half a tsp herbs
Pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp soured cream
1. Fry the vegetables for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the pheasant and cook for a couple more minutes until starting to brown on the outside.
3. Add the cider, stock, honey, herbs and spices.
4. Cook for 20-30 minutes until pheasant and potatoes are cooked.
5. While it’s cooking, mix the cornflour with water and stir it into the pot to thicken the sauce.
6. Turn off the heat once the pheasant is cooked and stir in the soured cream.
7. Season to taste.
8. Serve with rice or as a stew with bread.