A healthy and delicious pan-fried grouse recipe. The perfect combination of sweet and savoury. Try it today.
6 Wild and Game Grouse breasts
12 rashers pancetta
4 large sweet potatoes, diced
A couple of sprigs of thyme
3 tbsp sweet sherry
2 tbsp cassis
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tbsp honey
200 ml chicken stock
Half a tsp garlic granules
1 generous tsp cornflour
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees centigrade, gas mark 7
2. Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and add the sweet potatoes, drizzle more oil over them, toss until thoroughly covered and add salt, pepper and a few sprigs of thyme
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
4. About 10 minutes before the potatoes are ready, wrap the breast fillets in pancetta (2 strips per fillet)
5. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the breast fillets for about 3 minutes each side then set aside to rest.
6. Add the cassis and sherry and cook, sitting, for about a minute until reduced,
7. Add all the other sauce ingredients except for the cornflour. Stir and heat for a minute or two.
8. Take some of the sauce out of the pan and mix the cornflour into it before returning it to the pan.
9. Stir until thickened.
10. Serve the breasts drizzled in the sauce, with the sweet potatoes and green vegetables of your choice.