A delicious Wild Boar recipe. Give it a go for yourself today.
2 packs wild boar tenderloin medallions
750g baby potatoes
150g red cabbage
150g white cabbage
1 red onion
2 handfuls of dill
75ml olive oil
2 tbsp cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 heaped tbsp ndjuja (spreadable salami)
Several glugs of olive oil (for the potatoes and for pan frying the tenderloin)
A knob of butter
Half a tbsp honey
1. Remove the tenderloin medallions from the fridge an hour before cooking so they come to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade/gas mark 7.
3. Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes until they start to soften on the outside.
4. Drain the potatoes and put them back in the pan. Pour on enough olive oil to cover them thoroughly and add a generous amount of salt and pepper. Stir.
5. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
6. Using a grater or, better still, a food processor, coarsely grate the apples, carrots, onion and cabbage. Place the coleslaw mix into a bowl.
7. Mix together the olive oil, cider vinegar and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Stir vigorously or shake to make a dressing.
8. Finely chop the dill and stir into the coleslaw mix.
9. Stir in the vinaigrette and set the coleslaw aside.
10. Melt the olive oil and butter in a frying pan then add the tenderloin and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
11. Turn the heat down low, add the nduja to the pan and stir until it has melted. Don’t let it burn.
12. Stir in the honey.
13. Return the tenderloin medallions to the pan for 1-2 minutes, spooning the nduja mixture over them.
14. Serve with the potatoes and the coleslaw. Drizzle more of the nduja juices over the meat and potatoes.