Serves 2 as a main or 3 as a starter
- 1 pack Wild and Game partridge breasts
- 400g greens
- 2 knobs of salted butter
- A couple of glugs of olive oil
- 2 handfuls of hazelnuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp bramble jelly (seedless bramble preserve)
- 2 tbsp sweet Marsala
- 100 ml chicken stock – double strength: if using fresh stock reduce by half; if using dried or concentrated, make up with half the water
- Half a tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Half tsp Dijon mustard, mixed to paste with 1tsp of cornflour and water.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients apart from the mustard and cornflour and heat, stirring until combined.
- Add the mustard and cornflour mix and stir and heat until the sauce thickens.
- Set aside.
- Heat some butter and olive oil in a pan and fry the breasts for a few minutes each side, then set aside to rest.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat some butter, olive oil and the garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the greens and stir fry until soft.
- Place the greens on a plate and top with the toasted hazelnuts. Add the breasts and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with potatoes as a main or sourdough toast as a starter.