Looking for something different this winter? We are right in the middle of partridge season so why not try out this Lemony Middle Eastern Partridge Recipe?
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Wild and Game oven-ready partridges
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Half a tsp cumin
- Half a tsp ground ginger
- 4 small preserved lemons
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 50g green olives
- Black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Brown the birds in an oven and hob-proof cooking pot then set aside on a plate
- Fry the onions until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a couple more minutes
- Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds
- Put the birds back in the pot and add the stock and lemons
- Put on the lid and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or couscous.