You may be wondering why you should consider buying game meat over traditional meats such as chicken, pork or beef?
At Wild and Game, we’re passionate about game meat. We don’t want this beautiful meat to go to waste, which is why we’ve developed a range of game pies, pasties, sausages, ready meals and more.
Here’s just some of the reasons why we think you should definitely give game a try:
- As game birds are free to roam the countryside, they are relatively lean. The meat is low in fat and cholesterol but high in iron and, maybe rather surprisingly, Omega-3 which is usually found in oily fish.
- If you compare chicken to game birds such as grouse, pheasant or partridge, like for like, game meat is higher in protein, lower in fat and lower in cholesterol. If you’re looking to shift a few pounds it may be a good idea to swap for game.
- There’re no nasty additives in game meat. Plus, a natural diet derived from forests and grasslands gives game its distinctively tasty flavour.
- Game meat is extremely versatile and goes well in lots of different recipes. Particularly stews, casseroles and even pasta dishes. Pâtés and terrines are also great when made with game meat. Browse our recipes for some inspiration.
- It’s quick and easy to cook. As game is so low in fat it cooks very quickly for a tasty and speedy dinnertime alternative. Start mixing up your mealtimes!
- There’s so much choice! Pheasant, partridge, grouse, rabbit, hare, pigeon, woodcock, venison… the list goes on. You’ll never get bored of trying out new recipes.
- It’s becoming a lot more readily available. Game meat can now be found in many supermarkets and online retailers.
- Conservation of the British countryside. The gaming community does a lot of work to help preserve the natural habitats of these animals and ensure the sustainability of harvesting the meat.
There you have it. Have we convinced you to give it a try?