This deliciously different Wild and Game recipe uses partridge, as an alternative to chicken, roasted in harissa and preserved lemons.
Harissa is a traditional Middle Eastern spice paste which gives a lovely slow-burning chilli heat. It is perfect to use as a marinade and blends wonderfully with partridge meat. Why not give it a try?
- 8 preserved lemons
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tsp sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- 90g of rose harissa or harissa – the rose petals just give a pleasant sweetness and soften the chilli kick
- 4 whole partridges
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C fan or gas mark 7.
- Using a food processor or hand blender, blitz the preserved lemons, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and rose harissa together until you achieve a smooth mixture.
- Pour this over your partridge and rub the mix into the birds.
- Place the partridge in a large roasting tray. Roast the partridge for 30-35 minutes (depending on the size of the birds) until cooked through – check the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part of the thigh.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and couscous or rice.
It’s as simple as that. Keep your eyes peeled on the news page for more recipes coming soon.